GPR Utility Location Fundamentals
The most comprehensive of our Training Modules includes a combination of Product and Theory Training but also incorporates Practical Training for on-site procedures. This course provides the theory of GPR, the science of Radar (Radio Detection And Ranging) and correct industry practice. This course includes: H & S relevant to GPR practitioners, Visual Inspection, Theoretical Science, Radar Techniques, Standard Operating Procedures, Correct Mark out Methodologies, Basic New Zealand Utility Information, Service and Maintenance, Geotechnical Media and Soil Variance, Correct Grid Survey Mapping.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with GPR in accordance with industry practice
- Demonstrate basic product knowledge – Functionality, Uses, Limitations and Results
- Have suitable knowledge of the Founding Science of RADAR
- Show awareness of hazards and risks in utility location
- Know the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 2015 to identify and manage related hazards
- Know how to protect yourself and the public from injury
- Understand maintenance, servicing requirements and calibration of the instrument
- Health and Safety relevant to Utility Location practitioners
- Hazard identification
- Visual Identification
- Theoretical Science of RADAR – GPR
- Collecting a Data Trace
- Interpretation of Data
- Basic Mapping
- Data Interpretation
- Report Generation
- Product Function Inc: Cross Science Brief
- Current Globally recognised/local standards
If you wish to have a course at your workplace then CALL 0800 500 380 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Courses held onsite at your workplace may incur travel costs for trainers.
2 Days 8.30am – 4.00pm
Successful attendees will receive an Accurate Certificate of Attendance and an ARA Statement of Attainment.
Participants must have the ability to read, write and understand English. On the day you will need to bring PPE (Hi Viz and Safety Boots).
$1100 + GST per person
Mobile Training Courses may incur travel costs for trainers, will be advised once enrolment has been received.