Cable Location Training
This course is designed to give entry locators the introductory knowledge and skills they need to work confidently and safely. Using cable location equipment, we provide you with the base level of theory, the science and best practice processes. Our trainers will help you develop the knowledge and skills to operate equipment safely and effectively.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Have a base level understanding of the Founding Science of EMF (Electrical Magnetic Fields) and electromagnetic induction.
- Show awareness of hazards and risks in cable avoidance and location.
- Know the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 2015
- Have suitable foundation knowledge of using Cable Avoidance Tools
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in accordance with industry best practice
- Demonstrate basic operation, visual inspection, and competent handling of cable avoidance tools.
- Health and Safety relevant to Utility Location practitioners
- Hazard identification
- Visual Inspection
- Theoretical Science
- Passive, Active and Direct Connection Techniques
- Correct Grid Survey
- Basic Mapping
- Correct Methodologies
- Product Function Inc: Cross Science Brief
- Current Onsite Practice and Workflow (Field Working Procedure)
- Current Globally recognised/local standards
If you wish to have a course at your workplace then CALL 0800 500 380 OR EMAIL email@example.com
Training Courses held onsite at your workplace may incur travel costs for trainers.
1 Day 8.30am – 4.00pm
Your Workplace (Contact us to discuss 0800 500 380)
Successful attendees will receive an Accurate Certificate of Attendance and an ARA Statement of Attainment.
Participants must have the ability to read, write and understand English. On the day you will need to bring an Avoidance Locator and PPE (Hi Viz and Safety Boots).
$550 + GST per person
Travel costs for trainers may incur, will be advised once enrolment has been received.